Monday, May 11, 2009

It Feels SOOO Good to be Back!

(Green Lemonade)

Freshman year of college is finally a thing of the past and I miraculously got through it with a decent GPA. I'm kind of going to miss being a college student over the summer but I'm glad that I'll have lots of R&R time in the coming months. I'll also have plenty of time to do some well needed detoxing because my diet can use some real cleaning up. Not having a juicer or blender in the dorm makes my dietary life so much harder and my rigorous class/work schedule doesn't help matters much. The last few weeks especially took a toll on my body because I had been studying for exams anywhere from 3-7 hours everyday and chugging mocha-latte-cafe-machiatto's on the regular (I actually downed a 32 oz latte in about 15 minutes last Tuesday night and was jittery until about 10 a.m. the next morning - Good job Natalie).

Anywho, I have been delighted to once again have the honor of being in the presence of delicious greens, sweet and tasty fruits, and exotic superfoods. I've gotten a chance to spend some quality time with my juicer since my return and it has been the most amazing thing to reunite with it once again. On Sunday morning (the morning after I got back), I made it my first order of business to drive over to the grocery store and get the ingredients for a green lemonade (I have the ingredients listed in this blog post). Green lemonade juice (pictured at the top of this post) is one of the most refreshing green juices that I've ever tasted. I could probably drink one every morning with no problem at all. I remember when I was home for a weekend earlier this spring, I had a pretty bad case of the sniffles and just had an overall sick feeling. That night, I drank a hefty, probably 35 oz, serving of green lemonade and I felt like a million bucks the next morning. I'm not sure if it was just naturally time for my body to get better or if the green lemonade did the trick but either way, that eternally sold me on the power of green lemonade.

Plenty more posts to come since I actually have stuff to write about nowadays. Be sure to keep checking in!

Raw. Love.
-Natalie

No comments: